When did Radio Margaritaville start airing every concert?

Share and obtain recordings of Jimmy's concerts
slimerbacca
Number of Buffett shows attended: 13

When did Radio Margaritaville start airing every concert?

Post by slimerbacca » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:59 am

I know they air concerts before the Sirius XM started and that they miss some of the smaller and surprise appearances, but when did they generally start following all the shows?

Thanks!

urlcenter

Re: When did Radio Margaritaville start airing every concert?

Post by urlcenter » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:42 am

slimerbacca wrote:I know they air concerts before the Sirius XM started and that they miss some of the smaller and surprise appearances, but when did they generally start following all the shows?

Thanks!
Radio Margaritaville started airing Jimmy's live performances on March 4, 1999 with Jimmy's show for the grand opening of the Orlando Margaritaville Cafe. Jimmy did two sets at that show one outside the cafe and one inside the cafe from that show through the present day Radio Margaritaville broadcasts all most all of Jimmy's live performances. The usual exceptions are the small benefit performances Jimmy does for various causes and individuals. However there have been some benefit shows broadcast over the years on Radio Margaritaville including 3 shows performed in 1999, 2000, and 2001 in Sag Harbor NY for the Montessori Schools. The only big or full band shows that are not usually broadcast live are shows performed in Hawaii and Paris France, time zone differences make it difficult for many of Jimmy's fans to hear these shows live so these shows are recorded live and then broadcast at a later time on Radio Margaritaville.

Radio Margaritaville has also broadcast a number of early Jimmy Buffett show from as far back as 1974 and 1975 these shows are bootleg recordings that are usually really good quality. When Jimmy is not touring or playing live Radio Margaritaville broadcasts Concert Replays of past concerts. For the concert replays, one show is selected and then played multiple times each week.

On certain Holiday such as Labor Day Weekend, Radio Margaritaville broadcasts concert marathons of past shows.

Radio Margaritaville has serious competition from Margaritaville TV which launched last year and broadcasts Jimmy's shows live in HD quality. Like Radio Margaritaville, Margaritaville TV also rebroadcasts videos of past shows.

slimerbacca
Number of Buffett shows attended: 13

Re: When did Radio Margaritaville start airing every concert?

Post by slimerbacca » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:54 am

Excellent, thanks for the reply, I was mainly looking for that first date but I love all this information