REQUEST: 10.15.2017 - Eugene, OR

Share and obtain recordings of Jimmy's concerts
Cyber-Surfer
Number of Buffett shows attended: 3

REQUEST: 10.15.2017 - Eugene, OR

Post by Cyber-Surfer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:20 am

Hi folks,

So I tried to download the YouTube stream of the Eugene, OR concert that happened earlier tonight.. But something happened with the video file, so it is unplayable.. And I've spent hours trying to fix it with no luck...

So two requests:

1) Could someone post a recording of the live stream (720p) of the concert?

2) Anyone have any tutorials or guides on how to successfully save the live streams?

Thanks,

CS

urlcenter

Re: REQUEST: 10.15.2017 - Eugene, OR

Post by urlcenter » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 am

Cyber-Surfer wrote:Hi folks,

So I tried to download the YouTube stream of the Eugene, OR concert that happened earlier tonight.. But something happened with the video file, so it is unplayable.. And I've spent hours trying to fix it with no luck...

So two requests:

1) Could someone post a recording of the live stream (720p) of the concert?

2) Anyone have any tutorials or guides on how to successfully save the live streams?

Thanks,

CS
The video will be available for downloading shortly via the jokelben server

The best method is to capture the video as it streams live on Youtube or Margaritaville TV using video capture software.

I am unclear what you mean by downloading the video from the other night, I assume you meant after the show had ended. If that was the case the first question is what file format did you save the video in. You would have needed to use a format such WMV (windows media video), MP4, MKV, DIVX or maybe even FLV or another video file format. If you used a non-video file format such as MP3 that might have caused your issue as MP3 is an audio only format. Another thing to keep mind is to make sure that what ever video player you are using has the proper codecs installed to play the most common video file formats.

Cyber-Surfer
Number of Buffett shows attended: 3

Post by Cyber-Surfer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:28 pm

So here's what I did..

I setup the URL in Bigsoft Video Downloader Pro. And it went through, and claimed it was recording the stream. Then once the stream ended.. it hadn't stopped, so I clicked the stop button. This left the file as a .mp4.part file for some reason, and is completely useless.. MP4 repair tools have had no success attempting to fix the file.

So I was hoping to get suggestions as to what program(s) would be better for capturing the YouTube streamed video, since normally Video Downloader has few if any problems with downloading video's off youtube..

Just as a note.. I've got the Mega edition of the K-Lite Codec pack..

urlcenter

Post by urlcenter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Cyber-Surfer wrote:So here's what I did..

I setup the URL in Bigsoft Video Downloader Pro. And it went through, and claimed it was recording the stream. Then once the stream ended.. it hadn't stopped, so I clicked the stop button. This left the file as a .mp4.part file for some reason, and is completely useless.. MP4 repair tools have had no success attempting to fix the file.

So I was hoping to get suggestions as to what program(s) would be better for capturing the YouTube streamed video, since normally Video Downloader has few if any problems with downloading video's off youtube..

Just as a note.. I've got the Mega edition of the K-Lite Codec pack..
First all concerts live streamed on Margaritaville TV or Youtube are available for downloading MP4 format from the jokelben server. (Note the server is offline at the moment for some maintenance and will be back up soon)

Not sure about what software to use to capture live Youtube streams