While you’re celebrating New Year’s Eve, be sure to tune it to Radio Margaritaville for a couple of special broadcasts.
The first is a concert replay of Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers in Los Angeles from December 31st, 1999 (the Millennium show), starting at 7pm ET! Then, at 9:15pm ET, don’t miss Little Feat broadcasting LIVE from the Keswick Theater in Glenside, PA!
7:00 pm ET: Jimmy Buffett’s Millennium Show from Los Angeles on 12/31/1999
9:15 pm ET: Little Feat LIVE from Glenside, PA
Jimmy Buffett makes an appearance in today’s Reality Check comic strip by Dave Whamond:
(hat tip Steve for passing this along)
He just turned 64, but Jimmy Buffett continues to go at it at a strong pace. And in 2010, he had another big year. What do you think was the biggest Buffett story of the year?
- Margaritaville Key West celebrated its 25th anniversary
- Buffett performs at his Hawaii restaurant
- On January 13th, we launched Jimmy Buffett World 5.0, completely revamping the site to the look it has today
- Haiti struck by massive earthquake, Jimmy cuts video pleading for help
- Jimmy plays benefit shows in Tahiti and Bora Bora, raising $40,000 for a local school
- Buffett attends NFC Championship game between the Saints and Vikings. He played a surprise show for some lucky tailgaters before the game.
- In early February, tour dates started trickling out. By the third week of February, nearly every show had been confirmed
- Jimmy attend the Super Bowl in Miami (pictured right with the Lombardi trophy)
- In mid-February tickets for the first summer tour dates began going on sale
- Jimmy gets a mention on the NBC show “30 Rock”
- Buffett plays a final leg of the Summerzcool Tour, hitting Florida and South Carolina
- Filling his airplane with tents, Jimmy flew to Haiti to help with earthquake relief efforts
- While in Haiti, Buffett performs for American troops at the US Embassy
- On March 19th, the CMT Crossroads episode featuring Jimmy and the Zac Brown Band debuts
- Jimmy plays surprise show at his Margaritaville in Panama City, Florida
- Our April Fools joke had Buffett building a Margaritaville in Dubai. We even hooked a Radio Margaritaville host with that one
- Margaritaville beats out Planet Hollywood for a piece of land in Hollywood, Florida
- The 200th episode of South Park lampooned Jimmy Buffett again
- On April 20th a live acoustic album entitled “Encores” hit stores
- The Under the Big Top Tour kicked off in Tampa, Florida. Portions of the soundcheck were live-streamed on Ustream for the first time
- During soundcheck on the 24th, Jimmy pulled out his iPad and chatted with fans that were watching the Ustream live-stream
- Native Georgian Zac Brown joined Jimmy on stage at his Atlanta show
- On May 1st, Buffett plays Nashville for the first time since 2003. Many fans had trouble getting to the show as heavy rains caused historic floods in the region
- Jimmy makes the inaugural flight into the new Boscobel Aerodrome in Jamaica
- Plans for the Margaritaville Beach Hotel are first announced
- After a two week break, Jimmy hits the road again playing shows in Indy, Cincinnati, Houston, and Dallas
- Jimmy’s official website Margaritaville.com gets a makeover, and we took you back to see how the site looked over the past 10+ years
- On the Late Show with David Letterman, Jimmy is referenced in the Top 10 List
- Buffett performs at an event honoring Michael Douglas
- By the end of May the Gulf oil spill disaster is raging and Buffett joins with a Florida boatbuilder to help with relief efforts
- On June 5th, Buffett toured Florida’s beaches with Governor Charlie Crist to see the effects of the Gulf oil spill
- Buffett helped Briggs & Stratton cut through the red tape to get generators to Haiti
- A gift-wrapped Jimmy speaks and performs for graduating students at the Lawrenceville School near Princeton, New Jersey
- It’s announced that a Margaritaville Hotel will be built in Myrtle Beach
- Jimmy visited his alma mater, the University of Southern Mississippi, to see how their work was going combating the Gulf oil spill
- On June 18th, the newest Margaritaville opens in Niagara Falls, Canada
- A show for the Gulf Coast is announced by Jimmy. Kenny Chesney and the Zac Brown Band are also announced as performers
- Buffett performs shows in Boston, Detroit, and East Troy, WI
- On June 28th, amidst the height of the Gulf oil disaster, Buffett opens the Margaritaville Beach Hotel in Pensacola, Florida
- Tropical Storm Alex forces a postponement of the Gulf Coast concert. The event is rescheduled for July 11th. Chesney and the Zac Brown Band are unable to attend on the new date
- Buffett plays a surprise show at his sister’s restaurant in Gulf Shore, Alabama
- Jimmy is interviewed on Anderson Cooper 360 as they walk along the Florida beach
- On July 11th, Jimmy plays a free show for over 35,000 fans on the beach at Gulf Shores, Alabama. The concert is streamed live on CMT
- On August 3rd, Jimmy played a surprise show at his newly opened Margaritaville in Niagara Falls
- The tour is back in session again, as Jimmy plays shows in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Long Island, and Bristow, VA
- Buffett streams video of the entire Pittsburgh show on Ustream
- The Chicago Blackhawks’ Patrick Kane brought the Stanley Cup to the August 14th show in Chicago
- Jimmy pens a happy birthday letter to his 8th grade Catholic school teacher, who turned 102
- Buffett attends birthday party for former president Bill Clinton
- It’s another mention on TV… Jimmy is referenced in an episode of Memphis Beat
- On the 9th, Jimmy visited his alma mater again (Southern Miss) to discuss a couple of projects that he’s working on
- Zac Brown Band releases new album that includes a duet with Jimmy
- Buffett plays a show in Paris. Watch a video chronicling his trip to France
- Jimmy plays a fundraiser for Florida governor candidate Alex Sink
- Buffett plays a Fall tour leg on the West Coast with stops in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, and Las Vegas
- On October 20th it’s announced that a Margaritaville Cafe will be built at Chicago’s Navy Pier
- The TV show “Modern Family” mentions Buffett in an episode
- Coral Reefer Mac McAnally wins CMA Musician of the Year for the third straight year
- On November 22nd the Margaritaville Nashville opens its doors
- It’s announced that Jimmy will perform in Australia in January, the first Down Under tour in 20 years
- On December 2nd, Jimmy made a surprise appearance at the Margaritaville Nashville
- Buffett performs at the Andy Roddick Charity Gala in Austin, Texas on the 4th
- A Land Shark Bar & Grill restaurant is announced to be coming to Myrtle Beach
- A private show for American Express cardholders is held in Houston
- Margaritaville Eyewear is now available for purchase
- A third Sydney show is announced, plus a show in New Zealand
- Buffett, along with Robert Greenidge and the Coral Reefer Band, perform “Winter Wonderland” on the Today Show
- On Christmas Day, Jimmy celebrated his 64th birthday
Today is Jimmy Buffett’s 64th birthday!
Born December 25th, 1946 to James Delaney Buffett and Mary Loriane, Jimmy shares his birthday with Humphrey Bogart, Sir Isaac Newton, Barbara Mandrell, Sissy Spacek, and Karl Rove.
Buffett World would like to wish Jimmy a very happy birthday and a very Merry Christmas to all of you!
We reported earlier this week that Jimmy Buffett will play a show in Auckland, New Zealand while Down Under, and it now appears we have a date, but the venue is still a mystery.
According to Eventfinder.co.nz the concert will be held on Saturday, January 29th.
The site says that the small venue location will be announced in early January, with tickets going on sale January 5th.
Limited tickets will be available to people who wait-list through Eventfinder. Tickets will be allocated to people who have registered on the Jimmy Buffett Eventfinder pre-sale wait list prior to going on sale to the general public in January. To register on the wait list, click on the “Join Wait List” button on the event page.
Four lucky people who register on the wait list prior to 5 January will win a double pass to this special New Zealand appearance. In addition, two ticket holders will win a chance for themselves and three friends to meet Jimmy Buffett at the show.
After the two Sydney Opera House shows sold out in mere minutes, Jimmy Buffett has added a third show Down Under, reported Richard Wilkins on this morning’s Today Show.
Buffett will perform at the Hordern Pavilion in Moore Park, Sydney on Australia Day: January 26th.
Tickets go on sale January 7th.
Buffett’s previously announced Sydney shows will take place January 23rd and 24th at the Opera House. There is also an Auckland, New Zealand show in the works.
Update – Buffett comments on the strong demand:
“I had no idea we had so many birds in our nest down under. I was just thinking that the kinds of crowd we would expect in Sydney would be on par with the size of audiences we play to in Europe. Boy was I wonderfully wrong about that. We are happy and glad to add another show. It also means more surf time for me.” Jimmy commented from Florida this weekend.
An exclusive Internet Pre-Sale will be available for all current Chugg Entertainment Members, as well as those that sign up before 5pm (AEDT) Sunday 2nd January 2011. An email containing all relevant Pre-Sale information will be sent to Chugg Entertainment Members on the afternoon of Wednesday 5th January, allowing them access to tickets from 9am – 5pm, Thursday 6th January, or until the Pre-Sale allocation is exhausted.